ISAIAH 26:3
THOU WILT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE: BECAUSE HE TRUSTETH IN THEE.

BUTTERFLY

Just thought I would repost this for my new followers to read. I love this and this is how I found and chose the name of our web page. Our boys really like the name they had put their input in also.


MY BUTTERFLY

I said to the Lord, "Lord let me be like the butterfly, so fine and so free.
Let my heart take wings and without a care, Let me spread enjoyment everywhere!" "My child," said the Lord, "it's up to you.
Are you willing to trust me, like the butterflies do?" "Yes, Lord, I trust you. " was my glib reply, How much could it cost...to be a butterfly?
"Fine," said the Lord, "let's go on with it then, Because first you must die-and that's how we begin!"
My heart skipped a beat, and my stomach grew tight, As I said to the Lord, "Did I hear you right?" "My Child," said the Lord, "surely you know--The worm has to die, so that beauty can grow. It's not easy, that true, but My way is best, and I'll be beside you all through your test."
The Lord took His finger and touched my heart; And began to probe each secret part. Each place He touched was exposed to the light, and I could see myself as only He might. Unforgiveness, anger, selfishness, too. All had to go, if I would be now. "I'm sorry, " I cried, "please help me to DIE. I do so want to be your BUTTERLFY." "I love you, Jesus," was all I could say, "Come into my heart, And make it yours today." Whatever it takes, Lord, I'm ready now, Your servant is waiting, just show me how." "My Child," said the Lord, "You have already begun, And we"ll continue to work till the job is done. Little by little, each day you will die, But you live again as my BUTTERFLY.

I'M FREE
So long I had searched for life's meaning, Enslaved by the world's and my greed; Then the door of the prison was opened by love. For the ransom was paid... I was free.
I'm free from the free of tomorrow, I'm free from the guilt of the past; For I've traded my shockles for a glorious song... I'm Free! Priase the Lord! Free at last!

I'm free from the guilt that I carried, From that dull empty life I'm set free;
For when I met JESUS He made me complete... He forgot how I used to be.

BY WILLIAM AND GLORIA GAITHER

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...

Marenda, this is beautiful!! I had wondered where you got your name. How precious!!