ISAIAH 26:3
THOU WILT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE: BECAUSE HE TRUSTETH IN THEE.

Should One Fear God????

Why do you think God wants us to fear Him? Maybe it is just because there are benefits to us fearing Him. Fearing God means I practice his presence in my life daily-nothing is hidden from Him.


Proverbs 22:4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honor, and life.


Proverbs 14:26 In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.

Proverbs 14:27 The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.

Psalm 145:19 He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.


I have always said your faith can help you through your fears.. I am not saying I have not fear things or situations because believe me I am guilty. We all need to keep the faith in every situation we are face with whether work, school, family or church.
I am currently fearing the unknown of our sons upcoming heart cath and then heart surgery to follow in the months ahead. I guess this post is for me more than anyone. Yes, I am laying it all out there this time.
Lord help me to trust you and the future ahead and help me to understand your will is your plan.
Psalm 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

2 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Ms. Marenda...this is certainly something to be fearful about. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Shanda said...

Amen. He is our refuge and our strength and I know that He is with you & your family even now. The Scriptures that you have chosen are perfect. One that often helps me is Philippians 4:8. I believe satan does all that He can to stir up fear within us-especially with unknowns-to steal our joy and peace.

At Bible study the other day someone was sharing about Corrie Ten Boom. She was on her way to a concentration camp and she told her father she couldn't face it. He asked her when it was that he handed her the tickets for the train rides and she said, "just before we step on." He told her that is the same with God. He will provide all that we need as we need it.

One day at a time sweet sister. I am and will continue to stand with you in prayer.

HUGS!!

Shanda