ISAIAH 26:3
THOU WILT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE: BECAUSE HE TRUSTETH IN THEE.

Who is your friends

Sometimes we find ourselves trying to be friends with everyone. We of course need be witness to them, but that is where you draw the line. I have always learn to be friendly to everyone I come into contact with. In fact, when I was in college I got a rude awakening. There was the lady that her dorm room was on the same hall as mine her sister and her shared a room. They told me their dad was a pastor of Baptist faith also. One day she said go to the store with me.. I thought it would be just fine. First, she was exceeding the speed limits around these very narrow roads in Kentucky (not straight roads at all curves over and over). I was in for a shock she stopped by a gentlemen apartment that did not look so pleasing and trust me I was not comfortable there at all I felt threaten there in fact not safe. I told God if you get me back to the dorms safe and sound I will never go with her anywhere again. That is exactly what I told her when we got back to the dorm rooms I will not go with you anywhere ever again.
So just remember to watch who you associate your time with they just might be someone who wants to destroy your testimony.
Ephesians 5:6-7 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
I Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

1 comment:

Breathing In Grace said...

Hey...I thought of you and this post at church last night. Our pastor asked us to find scripture that relates to teenagers and how they should pick their friends, and I immediately thought about your blog!!! I have a little saying that I love to use...I used to have it on my podium at church when I taught Sunday School..."It's not odd, it's God"!!!
Love 'ya...Deb