ISAIAH 26:3
THOU WILT KEEP HIM IN PERFECT PEACE, WHOSE MIND IS STAYED ON THEE: BECAUSE HE TRUSTETH IN THEE.

The Reason for the Season

I was thinking about gifts for the year for family and friends.... What should I get this person and this most loving person.....
We all know what Mary's gift was "JESUS"... LUKE 2:30-32 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God....And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
In verse 31 it said she found favour with God.... WOW!! Mary must have felt unworthy at first, but then just think what an amazing task to be given.... verse 31 and He shall be call the Son of the Highest...( that is better than be the mother of the president)...

What will your gift be to family and friends this year....Are you asking God what to give that precious friend or family member....
I read a story on Saturday that I thought you might just appreciate as much as I did....There was this lady named Ursula that had moved from Switzerland to New York City.... It was her first Christmas in NY and she wonder what will I get all my family for Christmas... They all seem to have it all and more than they needed... Even as myself really have more that I need... So thought about it some more...Then she had and unique ideal... She was off work on Christmas Eve and she thought I will go to the dept. store and buy a gift she took awhile to decide... But then at last that was just the right gift what I needed to buy, so she had it wrapped... As she left the store she asked the doormen were is the poorest street in town.... He gave her a few street names... Then she headed to one of those street... She see a Salvation Army ringer, so she asked him where a particular street was and asked him if he knew anyone with a baby girl who was of a certain age... He said with a strong 'YES' I know just the street and just the baby girl... He told her since his shift was ending very soon he would go with her which she was so appreciative.... She flagged the taxi cab down and they arrived very shortly now by this time it was dark... Once they arrived the taxi drive said take your time Miss I will wait patiently wait on you..The family lived on the third floor, so once they arrived the salvation ringer said shall we go up... But she shook her head I do not want them to thank me because the gift is not from me so she gave the package to him and she instructed him to say it's from...from someone who has everything... After, arriving back at her house the cab driver said Miss no charge because I have already been paid in other words by her act of kindness.... Now, the next day she got up early and set her table with special care and there was much excitement and laughter of Christmas morning....Soon once the family arrived and it was gift opening time and there was unwrapped gifts everywhere, but everyone noticed there was no gift's from Ursula to them.... I sure they all wonder what was going on.... Where are our gift's from her???? So she told her story about the dept. store, the salvation army man, and the taxi cab driver... "So she told them I try to do an act of kindness in your name... And this is my Christmas present to you......" They each realized she had offered something of far greater value: a gift of the heart, and act of kindness carried out in our name... She has brought the true spirit of Christmas into our lives, the spirit of selfless giving...
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I need... That is what Christmas is about... The gift of giving not the gift of receiving....

No comments: